Thread: New York criminalizes the use of ticket-buying bots

1. #1 New York criminalizes the use of ticket-buying bots 
    I just read this article New York criminalizes the use of ticket-buying bots

Essentially, bots have been buying tickets... thousands of tickets in seconds, and then re-selling them. Sounds like auto-buying bots could be good in conjunction with basic ticket reselling.

Crazy. I just see someone getting a PO box in kansas instead of having a NY address.

this kind of stuff has really driven up ticket prices in some areas. one site will claim that they are all sold out of tickets, then you will find a different place selling them for 2x the price. at this point you might as well just go to the box office and save yourself the trouble of dealing with this shit and all their 'service fees'

Quote Originally Posted by tojo View Post
    this kind of stuff has really driven up ticket prices in some areas. one site will claim that they are all sold out of tickets, then you will find a different place selling them for 2x the price. at this point you might as well just go to the box office and save yourself the trouble of dealing with this shit and all their 'service fees'

Ya buying concert tickets has turned into such a fuck you to the fan. Can't believe that a non-shitty ticketmaster replacement hasn't emerged yet

that happens always in my place like they get all the tickets double price and force to buy