Thread: [Guide] Make Money Flipping Concert Tickets

1. #1 [Guide] Make Money Flipping Concert Tickets 
    Now I'm just going to preface this by saying this method is NOT for everyone! But if you are open to trying something new, then I'm here to help. I've been flipping concert tickets for a few months now and can honestly say that I've made like over $2k in profit for pretty minimal work. I have a full-time job at a great company, but I am always looking for ways to make some extra money.

So, the concept here is pretty simple: BUY LOW, SELL HIGH. That obviously can be applied to a lot of different things, but it's imperative to understand when flipping tickets. You want to be able to get tickets on presale for face value and then flip them for above face value when certain "hot" events sell out (ex: Drake, Bieber, Adele, etc). There are plenty of resources available to find out what tickets to buy, what venues are gonna sell out etc.

Now this is the part where a lot of people might lose interest: you are going to need a new Credit Card (AMEX or Citi card) to really make money. You don't have to get a new CC, but to get the good seats before anyone else does, you're going to need to get a new CC. Take a look at the link below. Click "Onsale Times" and you'll see that there is an AMEX presale before tickets go on sale to general public.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/undefine..._amexuspresale

You can also see what the tickets will be priced at by clicking "Price Range" ($59.95 to $149.95 for this concert). I use a lot of my own judgement/research to decide what concerts to buy tickets to etc. I only have an AMEX, so I use the two sites below to find out about when certain presales are happening.

Presale.Codes Means Early Tickets For Lots of Great Events

http://www.ticketmaster.com/americanexpress/93

I know there aren't a lot of presales listed at the moment, but be patient. There will be some good summer concerts and events you can make money on. I will periodically post updates in the thread when I see a concert that will be a good moneymaker.

I always buy e-tickets that I can download instantly. I download the PDFs from Ticketmaster and then head to StubHub, create my listing, and upload the PDFs. That way, when someone buys the tickets, they can instantly download the tickets and you save money by not paying for them to be shipped and the hassle of re-shipping them (although StubHub covers the shipping if you do choose to go that route).

You'll notice that there are both ticket fees when buying on Ticketmaster and fees when selling on StubHub. Keep this in mind when trying to determine your profit margin and what you're aiming for. I bought and sold pairs of tickets to the Drake & Future concert at several different venues (Madison Square Garden, TD Garden, Staples Center etc) and made $200-$400 profit on each pair. Another tip: document everything. I have a spreadsheet with how much I paid, how much I sold them for, date purchased, date sold, venue, etc. That way you can break it down and see how much money you're making per month etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I threw this together pretty quickly, because I learned a lot of it on my own doing my research, so I suggest you do the same if you're really interested.
    Last edited by HighlightShow; 05-09-2016 at 12:38 PM.

This is an awesome guide and a wonderfully unique share! This thread and HighlightShow's activity has earned him Contributor status.
    Need a reason to be active on CN?

Newbies - Get started in affiliate marketing here. Then start generating traffic.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain..." - The Book of Five Rings

Rave tickets are also pretty good. Not sure how it is in other places but in California, there's plenty of events year round from single artists (DJ Snake, Odesza, etc) to bigger festivals (Hard Summer, etc). Presale is usually really cheap and prices can start from like $40 (For single arists) and sell to ~$120. If you buy multiple then you can make a lot of profit since there's always a bunch of rich kids buying tickets no matter the price

Great guide...you mentioned in the post a ton of resources on what tickets to buy, would you mind sharing some resources that you know of? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Great guide...you mentioned in the post a ton of resources on what tickets to buy, would you mind sharing some resources that you know of? Thanks!
    I would like to know this as well HighlightShow.

Sorry, I've been kinda busy lately so I haven't had time/taken the effort to respond. There's a great forum at the link below that has a weekly thread about "What to Buy to Resell" etc.

OnSalePro.com - Ticket Broker Message Board

I don't want to give away too many of my secrets, because that will hurt my market, but I've been crushing Red Sox tickets all season long. I live in Boston, so it's easy for me to buy/sell etc. When the weather is good and the team is winning, people wanna go to the games. If you are going to look into flipping sports tickets, I recommend being very familiar with the certain venue (Fenway Park, for example) and know where the good seats are, which days are good games, the good teams to get tickets for, etc etc.

There has been a lull in finding concerts to flip, so I've resorted to flipping some sporting event tickets for the summer. Best of luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions etc. I'll try to be as helpful as possible.