Thread: A Collective CN Trolling Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Collective CN Trolling Website 
    Chatbox idea into thread...

We should start an alternative news website as a community. Contributing members would have their own log-ins and could publish as frequently as they wished. It could be fun practice at creating click bait titles, potential to get picked up by "real" news sites, good laughs, and potentially some good money. The exact specifications would need to be decided communally... (the exact nature of the news, content locking, monetization, etc).

Because there would be multiple contributors, we could all share the articles via our various social accounts, social channels, forum accounts, etc. This would give interested people a chance to start controversial discussions which is an art form in and of itself. Additionally, we would move all discussion to the contributor's forum, where all contributor-level members would be able to view the site/progress/ and help spread the articles even if they didn't want to write anything.

We would need at least... 3 dedicated members to join in for writing. 5 or more would be ideal.

If you're interested, reply here. You don't have to be a contributor to be interested.
    Need a reason to be active on CN?

Newbies - Get started in affiliate marketing here. Then start generating traffic.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain..." - The Book of Five Rings

IAs I mentioned in the chatbox (when ewok) was starting his IG journal, I am starting a 3-piece thingy soon (IG, YT, and website)

I would definitely be up for this.

Oh man I bet I could come up with some great clickbait titles. Wonder if you could modify the site cookies so we could embed completely unrelated referral cookies from other sites lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastwood View Post
    IAs I mentioned in the chatbox (when ewok) was starting his IG journal, I am starting a 3-piece thingy soon (IG, YT, and website)

I would definitely be up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshott View Post
    Oh man I bet I could come up with some great clickbait titles. Wonder if you could modify the site cookies so we could embed completely unrelated referral cookies from other sites lmao.
    Yeah, I love clickbaiting... -- As far as dropping cookies. What sites did you have in mind? Its always possible to drop them, but big programs catch on fast. I'm not jeapordizing my Amazon on this and if we go full blown fake news, AdSense is out.

We obviously would need to nail down the site's "niche/angle" before starting.
    • We could go full retard, almost like the Onion.
    • We could intentionally make it obvious once on the site that it was parody in hopes of always having our ass covered and getting even more attention.
    • We could attempt to be a "legit" fake news site... and cover real stories, cover real stories with detail modifications, and cover fake news.
    • We could have almost non-existant content behind some type of "pay wall" or we could actually write a few paragraphs+ for each thing.... or mix and match.
    • We could take a political side (dem/rep/tea/conservative/green/ind./liber), or we could take a political "angle" (justice/expose/infowars/truth/public).
    • Etc, etc.

I'm still mulling this over, not sure what I like best. I do know that I want us to be able to share it on Reddit. And, if this is the case, we need at least some articles that aren't 100% full retard or locked behind something.

We could definitely combine most of the above ideas. It would just be more work setting up.

Newbies - Get started in affiliate marketing here. Then start generating traffic.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain..." - The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post

Yeah, I love clickbaiting... -- As far as dropping cookies. What sites did you have in mind? Its always possible to drop them, but big programs catch on fast. I'm not jeapordizing my Amazon on this and if we go full blown fake news, AdSense is out.

We obviously would need to nail down the site's "niche/angle" before starting.
    • We could go full retard, almost like the Onion.
    • We could intentionally make it obvious once on the site that it was parody in hopes of always having our ass covered and getting even more attention.
    • We could attempt to be a "legit" fake news site... and cover real stories, cover real stories with detail modifications, and cover fake news.
    • We could have almost non-existant content behind some type of "pay wall" or we could actually write a few paragraphs+ for each thing.... or mix and match.
    • We could take a political side (dem/rep/tea/conservative/green/ind./liber), or we could take a political "angle" (justice/expose/infowars/truth/public).
    • Etc, etc.

I'm still mulling this over, not sure what I like best. I do know that I want us to be able to share it on Reddit. And, if this is the case, we need at least some articles that aren't 100% full retard or locked behind something.

We could definitely combine most of the above ideas. It would just be more work setting up.
    This sounds like a rad idea, totally down to write a few articles. I think the "legit" fake news with some underlying satire would work best. It would probably get the most shares on social media.

You'll never believe the REAL reason Melanie married Trump (Spoiler: it has nothing to do with financial endowment)

Wikipedia bans Fox News as "generally unreliable source"

This is the smell that caused Scarlett Johansson to ovulate in a Starbucks

Instagram actually made Miley delete this photo. Good thing we screenshotted it.

Luke Kuechly was secretly looking to transfer - "Cam let me down"