Thread: [Journal] Instagram Growth and Success

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Couple of questions:

1) correlation between (new) followers and likes, percentage/ratio wise?
    2) can you actually explain how OGads work in this/your case?
    3) at the moment you have 1 buffer for 1 account, right? are you going to stick with 1:1 ratio or planning on increasing # of buffers for each account?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastwood View Post
    Couple of questions:

1) correlation between (new) followers and likes, percentage/ratio wise?
    2) can you actually explain how OGads work in this/your case?
    3) at the moment you have 1 buffer for 1 account, right? are you going to stick with 1:1 ratio or planning on increasing # of buffers for each account?
    1. Uh, I don't really track that tbh. My engagement rates though are roughly: Account 1 ~10%, Account 2 ~15%, Account 3 ~15%, Account 4 ~18%

2. I have a couple accounts I'm running (1 just got banned lol) that follow/unfollow X amount of people a day. They have a link on their profile. The way I have it setup right now is this:

Profile Link > Web 2.0 Buffer > Landing Page.

3. Probably going to stick to 1:1 Ratio for now. It's time consuming as fuck right now to setup each account/get them verified/create a buffer . I also want to set it up as I go so that if Instagram get's better at dealing with buffer's and what not I won't lose everything. I'm think that if I try to scale this up to 30-50 accounts, that I'd max have 10 accounts per landing page. That way, if somehow they were to track to a single site and ban all the accounts linking there, I wouldn't lose all of them at once. Idk yet for sure though, have been getting individuals accounts banned as of late so I need to adjust my settings accordingly.

Update 10/16:

So haven't been doing too much as of late. As of now, I lost 1 account I was running with OGads, which dropped my number of accounts running there to 3. I would like to expand that but right now I'm running into issues with accounts that I buy getting stuck in an email verification loop. I'm thinking it has to do with a combo of the supplier and the proxies I'm using. I'm currently looking to a new supplier to see if their account fair better.

Another thing I've done with my OGads setup is I've contacted a web designer and are having them make my landing page more viral. Currently I just ripped an OGads LP and hosted on my own site, but I'm having them edit it so that people would be more inclined to share with their friends and drive more traffic to my site. I'm currently converting something like 40-50% of clicks, I just need to scale the number of clicks. If I can make the script more viral, I can drive tons more traffic with much fewer accounts meaning less stress/management needed on my part. I should have the new landing page up within the next few days.

As for the accounts I've just been growing with scheduled posts, I haven't done anything. They just have been following/unfollowing this whole time and I've had 2-3 posts done per day on each. Engagement is still good but I can it starting to drop off a little bit. No problem though, it wouldn't be realistic to keep 15-20% engagement rate forever.

Here are the current stats on those 4 accounts:
    Account 1(Fitness - Bodybuilding): Followers: 2011 (+573)
    Account 2(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 2096(+733)
    Account 3(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 1435 (+638)
    Account 4(Pets): Followers: 1183 (+496)

Total follower gain since last update: +2440

Just my .02c. Absolutely always stick with 1 buffer per account. Its not very time consuming to create a web2.0 buffer and it will ensure that only one account gets banned vs being able to associate a bunch of accounts.

There is no need to pick lots of different buffer sites though. As long as the buffer site is a common site, there is no way that Instagram can discriminate against it. For instance, Instagram will never ban users for having blogspots linked in profiles. Even if they notice lots of spam accounts have blogspots, there is nothing they can do... as long as you aren't using the same one.

Probably going to stick to 1:1 Ratio for now. It's time consuming as fuck right now to setup each account/get them verified/create a buffer . I also want to set it up as I go so that if Instagram get's better at dealing with buffer's and what not I won't lose everything.
    There is a good chance that any site as powerful and large as Instagram or Twitter or FB can/will easily spider 1 layer into a profile website. There is a pretty easy workaround. Info domains used to be .99c to register and now US/XYZ/Tech/pw domains are just .88. Buy 1 domain for .88 per buffer page. That's almost 0 investment for the return of not getting banned. 1 year later, you can always ditch the domain and buy another for $1 instead of a $10 renewal. You're already ripping the landing pages (which is a good thing). All you need to do is spend $1 on a new domain per account and they can't touch you as long as you don't slip up with IPs.

These days I assume Google can see through WHOIS protection. Sites like Insta aren't going to go that deep, so I'd say you're fine buying domains all on the same account. Namecheap has a zillion .88c domain options.
    Need a reason to be active on CN?

Newbies - Get started in affiliate marketing here. Then start generating traffic.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain..." - The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Just my .02c. Absolutely always stick with 1 buffer per account. Its not very time consuming to create a web2.0 buffer and it will ensure that only one account gets banned vs being able to associate a bunch of accounts.

There is no need to pick lots of different buffer sites though. As long as the buffer site is a common site, there is no way that Instagram can discriminate against it. For instance, Instagram will never ban users for having blogspots linked in profiles. Even if they notice lots of spam accounts have blogspots, there is nothing they can do... as long as you aren't using the same one.

There is a good chance that any site as powerful and large as Instagram or Twitter or FB can/will easily spider 1 layer into a profile website. There is a pretty easy workaround. Info domains used to be .99c to register and now US/XYZ/Tech/pw domains are just .88. Buy 1 domain for .88 per buffer page. That's almost 0 investment for the return of not getting banned. 1 year later, you can always ditch the domain and buy another for $1 instead of a $10 renewal. You're already ripping the landing pages (which is a good thing). All you need to do is spend $1 on a new domain per account and they can't touch you as long as you don't slip up with IPs.

These days I assume Google can see through WHOIS protection. Sites like Insta aren't going to go that deep, so I'd say you're fine buying domains all on the same account. Namecheap has a zillion .88c domain options.
    You make a very good point, I'm focusing on making sure my accounts that get going last, so I think an extra xyz domain would be worth it. I don't mind the extra investment if it means my accounts don't get banned.

Been a while -- College is crazy and hectic as fuck. I haven't done that much as of late, but as of now looking to expand my ogad's operation. Right now I've been running it consistently with 4 accounts for the last 10 days or say with no bans or problems. Right now I've been averaging roughly ~$1.50/day across the 4 accounts which really isn't that great but I'm trying to get a new landing page made that makes it much more viral(share to access certain things etc.) so that even with low accounts I can drive heavy traffic. My conversion rate is like 30-40% so if I can just generate more clicks from the same accounts.

As for the other accounts, not much has changed. I'm stopping working on the pets niche account just because its not growing as fast as I want and I haven't had time to build a repository of pictures for it. So for now moving forward I'm just working on growing 3 accounts however I'm thinking a more profitable way to approach this is to grow a bunch of accounts to ~5k followers then sell them however I'm not really sure where the best place to sell them would be? Probably BHW but I need to do more research on that. If you guys know of places to sell instagram accounts shoot me a message .

Anyway here are the stats on the 3 accounts now:
    Account 1(Fitness - Bodybuilding): Followers: 3693 (+1682)
    Account 2(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 4761(+2665)
    Account 3(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 3761 (+2578)

Total follower gain since last update: +6925

No Updates in a while. Anyway I've decided to take my journey on a new path. Moving forward I'm going to be growing accounts then selling them once they reach 4-5K+ followers. I've still got my 3 OGads accounts running making a dollar or 2 a day, which for now I'm going to keep running as I have no reason to stop them. But moving forward the plan will be to grow 30-40 accounts/month minimum then sell them. We shall see how this goes, I think if I can find a way to move accounts easily this could be very profitable.

For now, I'm building up a repository of images for tons of different niches and targeting the end of this week for launching 20-30 accounts across a couple a of niches. I've also started looking around for the best places to move accounts and what not.

Anyway here are some updates:
    Account 1(Fitness - Bodybuilding): Followers: 5845 (+2152)
    Account 2(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 8887(+4126)
    Account 3(Fitness - Chicks): Followers: 7717(+3956)

Total Follower Gain since last update: +10234

I'm still loving this thread. Couple question if you don't mind.

1) How are you building your image repository?
    2) How much can you sell those accounts for?
    3) The OG Ads accounts - has time increased your daily profit on each account, or is all activity based? Basically, has growing OGAds accounts increased profit a lot, or would a fresh account on the bot earn about the same?
    4) Have you sorted out the email verification loop? Are you still using 1 proxy per account? I've heard multiple places that 2-3 accounts are safe on a good dedicated proxy.

Newbies - Get started in affiliate marketing here. Then start generating traffic.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain..." - The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I'm still loving this thread. Couple question if you don't mind.

3) The OG Ads accounts - has time increased your daily profit on each account, or is all activity based? Basically, has growing OGAds accounts increased profit a lot, or would a fresh account on the bot earn about the same?
    4) Have you sorted out the email verification loop? Are you still using 1 proxy per account? I've heard multiple places that 2-3 accounts are safe on a good dedicated proxy.

I manually select images from other larger accounts in my niche which have done well/I feel are good.

Unsure yet, I've seen prices from $8-15/1000 followers depending on niche/activity/etc.

Profit has remained roughly the same. I may still attempt OGads in the near future. I've still been keeping up with the best practices others are using and it still looks like it would be profitable but would take a good investment to startup.

There are ways to get around it and protocols to follow for your best chance to survive. So yeah I've been able to get around it for now, we will see moving forward. The OGads accounts I'm running are still using 1 per proxy, however the new and growth accounts to sell will be using probably 3 accounts/proxy. I feel with accounts that aren't spamming it's not a problem to use multiple per IP. From what I've been reading with OGads, multiple accounts per proxy still works as long as the proxies are good.

Who are you buying accounts from?