I'm involved in a number of projects, but I think this one might be fun to journal about. I have no idea if this is going to be successful, but we all might learn something. Well... at lest I will . I've got a spread-out workload and schedule, so we'll see how often I update this thread.
- Build a small 'local' brand
- Get experience cold contacting individuals / small-medium businesses
- Get experience (hopefully) following up with the leads
- Get 5 clients on a monthly billing cycle -- be successful
- Minimize the amount of work I actually have to do
- Keep my personal expenses as low as possible
I'm going to be peddling a type of management software. I'm not going to disclose exactly what software or exactly what niche. A good chunk of businesses are already using similar software, but there are plenty of openings to get in the market. I'll have to take care of the back end of the software and customize some of it for the clients. Ideally, most of these clients will continue to use the software for at least a year. The software itself will cost me about $100 per month.
Right now these are the tools I am using / I'll be using
- Hosting (budget shared server I'm already using -- only a few dollars a month)
- Domain Name -- ($12 ish depending on where you buy)
- Small Business Software by Wave - Free Accounting and More -- free
- Google Drive - for organizing and keeping track of stuff (potential clients, etc) -- free
I'll update the OP when things change with tools, etc, but I'll be posting replies in this thread with what I'm doing. Hopefully we'll all learn something.